Your first choice for Weddings,
Private Dinner Parties & Public Events
Event & general info:
Booking & Cancellations Policy
• First things First - Your Event Date!
• All bookings are subject to minimum guest numbers and which are menu/style of service specific, these will be confirmed in writing and as detailed on our Event Sheet, for example we can accept lesser numbers of 4 upwards for our VIP Dining Options, but our BBQ Menus must have a minimum of 20.
• Once style of service, menus, etc., are agreed, all event bookings must be confirmed in writing by both parties – you will receive a detailed Event Sheet confirming everything, and it is your responsibility to alert us to any errors or omissions within the Event Sheet.
• Sourcing highest quality ingredients is paramount – however there may be occasions when we are unable to purchase a particular element of a menu, be that due to supply issues, pricing, or if we feel the quality doesn’t meet our exacting standards. In the unlikely, but possible, event that this happens, we will of course liaise with you immediately to discuss and agree any changes.
• Financials, Cut-off Dates!
• With the exception of Show/Fayre/Public Event catering, a non-refundable booking deposit sum of 30% of the total event cost is due and owing immediately at the time of booking confirmation. This deposit will be deducted from the total event cost/balance remaining, which remaining balance is due 14 days prior to the event date.
• A receipt detailing your payment will be issued for any deposits/balances paid.
• We can take payment by Bank Transfer or Cheque. For smaller events, we are happy to take cash but only with our prior agreement.
• Guest numbers must be confirmed to us no later than 14 days prior to the event*. Exceptions are Show/Public catering, unless large numbers for meal-specific hospitality is required. We will talk this through with you at the time of your contact with us.
• After final numbers have been provided to us, we are happy to accept any increases in covers up to 48 hours prior to event (and the requisite per head charge adjustment/addition will be immediately due and payable) however any decrease in numbers at the 14 day stage and beyond will not be refunded.
• Oh No! It's Broken, Lost or Damaged: Our Right to Charge Additional Fees
• We reserve the right to charge for any breakages, losses, missing equipment or damage to any items pertaining to our 'service gear', to include appliances, signage, etc., and caused by the Client/its guests, or the Public if the event a publically attended Event/Show
• We Hope it Doesn’t Happen but …… Cancellation Charges
• In the unfortunate event of a booking having to be cancelled, confirmation in writing will be needed from you. Your payment will be retained as per the following:
• Cancellation received less than 60 days' notice prior to the event: 50% of the total cost*
• Cancellation received less than 14 days' notice prior to the event: full payment required*
*based on confirmed number of covers at the 14 days pre event date
• Any additional costs incurred by us in preparation of the event, and up until the time of cancellation, will be charged to you. This is to cover any losses caused to us for administration, travel, hire supplies etc. and will be discussed fully in the event of a cancellation.
• I Can't Eat That ….. Dietary Requirements and Allergies
• AJ Catering will endeavour to provide suitable adaptations to any of our menus so that guests with special dietary requirements or allergies are provided for. However, we cannot take any responsibility for guests' dietary requirements unless we are advised in advance and within the cut off times cited above for confirming guest numbers. Also, we will not be held responsible for any drinks or foodstuffs consumed that have not been supplied by us, ie ice cream wagons, sweetie stalls, or any other provider facilitating consumables during your event.
• Keeping What's Your's, Your's! …… Your Property and Effects, Insurances
• AJ Catering will not be held responsible for the theft, loss or damage to any personal effects, ie birthday, or wedding gifts.
• AJ Catering will accept no liability under any claim or circumstance whatsoever (be it by negligence or otherwise) arising from any loss over our Public Liability Limit of Indemnity.
• The Hand of God! Cancellation / Force Majeure
• There are dozens of circumstances or events that fall into the category of force majeure. These include war, riots, earthquakes, hurricanes, lightning, and explosions. The term also includes energy blackouts, unexpected legislation (such as Covid 19 lockdown), lockouts, slowdowns, and strikes.
• AJ Catering shall incur no liability to you if execution of the booking is prevented or hindered by any means whatsoever and outside of AJ Catering's control and in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, by act of fire, flood, subsidence, sabotage, accident, strike, or lock out and shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting there from suffered by the Client.
• Things Can and Do Change …….Future Changes to our Bookings & Cancellation Policy
• AJ Catering reserve the right to change our Terms and Conditions whenever necessary due to the continual evolving nature of our business. It is a Client's responsibility to ensure that it is fully aware of our up to date Terms and Conditions as will be cited on our website.